Antifoams & Defoamers
Silicone anti-foam / de-foamer products are used as process aids in the manufacturing process where foaming is prevalent. Foam is generated by the presence of gas or air and by agitation of liquids through, stirring, shaking, boiling, mixing, evacuation and filling under high speed conditions. The presence of foam can result in: loss of capacity as foam displaces product, inefficient mixing pumping and separation and excessive wastage of product during processing.
Antifoam and de-foamer products are often inter-changeable but generally there is a functional difference:
1. A product acts as an antifoam when it is added to a system prior to foam formation and serves to prevent the generation of foam, i.e. application by pre-dosing.
2. A product acts as a de-foamer when it is added to a system after foam has been generated.
- Packing process aids for food products like fruit juice and dairy products.
- Boiling and canning
- Brine solutions
- Jam manufacture
- Protein processing
- Starch slicing and washing
- Vegetable and spinach washing
- Egg washing
- Re-usable bottle washing
- Vinegar packing
- Oil drilling and gas scrubbing
- Alcohol distillation
- Paper and Pulp Processing
FOOD GRADE ANTIFOAMS
FOOD GRADE ANTIFOAMS (NON-SILICONE)
INDUSTRIAL GRADE ANTIFOAMS/DEFOAMERS
GENERAL PURPOSE (NON-SILICONE)
WASTE WATER TREATMENT
INDUSTRIAL GRADE PACK SIZES
25kg pails, 200kg drums and 1000kg flow bins
For further information please enquire at email@example.com