BIO-SIL AF710F is a 10% antifoam emulsion of Polydimethylsiloxane specifically designed for antifoaming and de-foaming of aqueous systems.
Common Areas of Use.
Waste Water Treatment
Jam and Jelly Making
Water Based Systems
Fruit and Vegetable Processing
As a processing aid: For maximum defoaming efficiency, pre dilute BIO-SIL AF710F with 3 to 5 parts before adding to the foaming system. For effective dilution do not add the BIO-SIL AF710F to the water but rather vice versa. In processing applications as an aid, BIO-SIL AF710F in concentrations of 10 to 500 ppm can be added.
For end use: BIO-SIL AF710F emulsions can be added directly from the original shipped container to the foaming system.
BIO-SIL AF710F is certified Halaal and Kosher.
BIO-SIL AF710F is produced under ISO 9001, FSSC22000, ISO 14001and ISO 45000 management systems.
Complies with the FDA Code of Federal regulations Title 21 Sections:
• 173.340 – Secondary direct food additive used as defoaming agents.
• 175.105 – Indirect food additives used as a component of adhesives.
• 176.170 – Indirect food additives used as a component of paper and paperboard in contact with aqueous and fatty foods.
• 176.180 – Indirect food additives used as a component of paper and paperboard in contact with dry foods.
• 176.200 – Indirect food additives used as defoaming agents in coatings.
• 176.210 – Indirect food additives used as defoaming agents in the manufacture of paper and paperboard.
• 177.1200 – Indirect food additives used as a defoaming agent in cellophane for food contact.
Meets the requirements of the Canadian Food and Drug Act, as detailed in Division 16 governing Food Additives, whereby “Dimethylpolysiloxane Formulations” are acceptable direct food additives subject to the use and restrictions stipulated under item D.1 of Table VIII “Miscellaneous Food Additives”.
Complies with the European regulation (EC) No 1333/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 December 2008 Article 3 Part 2b whereby, if used appropriately, antifoams are considered as food processing aids.
Suitable for use, in compliance with the valid restrictions, as a direct food processing aid for controlling foam during food production and processing according to Directive No 95/2/EC and the Regulation (EU) No 231/2012 regarding Regulation (EC) No 1333/2008 Annexes II (amended by Regulation (EU) 1129/2011) and III (amended by Regulation (EU) 1130/2011). Complies with the German BfR Recommendation XXXVI for defoamers to be used in the production process of paper, paperboard and board that comes into contact with food.
• Testing before formulating should still be carried out as systems vary.
• Material Safety Data Sheets are available upon request.
• The shelf life period without testing is 12 months from date of manufacture, if stored in the original unopened container at 4°C to 27°C.