BIO-SIL AF700F is a 100% antifoam compound of filled Polydimethylsiloxane specifically formulated for antifoaming and de-foaming of most common non aqueous food grade systems and a few aqueous food grade systems. BIO-SIL AF700F may be used as a very effective base for food grade antifoam emulsions.
Common Areas of Use.
Cooking Oils & Fats
Waste Water Treatment
BIO-SIL AF700F is certified Halaal and Kosher.
BIO-SIL AF700F is produced under ISO 9001, FSSC22000, ISO 14001and ISO 45000 management systems.
Complies with the FDA Code of Federal regulations Title 21 Sections:
• 173.340 – Secondary direct food additive used as defoaming agents.
• 175.105 – Indirect food additives used as a component of adhesives.
• 176.170 – Indirect food additives used as a component of paper and paperboard in contact with aqueous and fatty foods.
• 176.180 – Indirect food additives used as a component of paper and paperboard in contact with dry foods.
• 176.200 – Indirect food additives used as defoaming agents in coatings.
• 176.210 – Indirect food additives used as defoaming agents in the manufacture of paper and paperboard.
• 177.1200 – Indirect food additives used as a defoaming agent in cellophane for food contact.
Meets the requirements of the Canadian Food and Drug Act, as detailed in Division 16 governing Food Additives, whereby “Dimethylpolysiloxane Formulations” are acceptable direct food additives subject to the use and restrictions stipulated under item D.1 of Table VIII “Miscellaneous Food Additives”.
Complies with the European regulation (EC) No 1333/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 December 2008 Article 3 Part 2b whereby, if used appropriately, antifoams are considered as food processing aids.
Suitable for use, in compliance with the valid restrictions, as a direct food processing aid for controlling foam during food production and processing according to Directive No 95/2/EC and the Regulation (EU) No 231/2012 regarding Regulation (EC) No 1333/2008 Annexes II (amended by Regulation (EU) 1129/2011) and III (amended by Regulation (EU) 1130/2011). Complies with the German BfR Recommendation XXXVI for defoamers to be used in the production process of paper, paperboard and board that comes into contact with food.
Testing before formulating should still be carried out as systems vary.
Material Safety Data Sheets are available upon request.
The shelf life period without testing is 12 months from date of manufacture, if stored in the original unopened container at 4°C to 27°C.